Saturday, January 7, 2012

Daughter of Light

Daughter of light
Whom I have carried
Held in my arms
Since the day you were born
Though darkness seems to cover you
Though pain envelops your heart
I've placed my light inside you
This light I'll ne'er remove
Through the darkest night
And deepest valley
I'll hold you tight
My Word is your lamp and light
Do not flee to darkness, precious daughter
Plunging your body in darkness
Will not bring you healing
But my heart will ache
As I feel your pain
Through the valley, don't let go
My death has killed your darkness
I've wrapped you in my blanket
Of glorious light
Never cease to sow my seed
Even in tears
You will reap in joy
Your wailing I will turn to dancing
I will clothe you with my joy
The night is almost over
The day is almost here
Hold on tight
My precious daughter of light


11.29.08

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love this! Please keep on writing! You are so excellent with words!

    ReplyDelete