Friday, July 19, 2013

The Prison of the Mind


For so long I’ve been a slave
A prisoner to lies
Truths and half-truths weave together
Occupy my mind
Thoughts of death and darkness
Secret fears and sin
And though you try to reach me
I cannot let you in
The darkness is intoxicating
I breathe in and out the lies
Though you may try to help me
I’ll tell you I am fine             
The lies are slowly killing me
But they are all I know
If I left them all behind
To where else would I go?
I cannot live like this forever
Something has to give
I need someone to help me
Someone to let me live
For too long I’ve been a slave
A prisoner to lies
I need someone to free me
From the prison of my mind
I need to feel the love
That I’ve been numb to all these years
To feel your arms around me
To cast away my fears
I need to see the purpose
The meaning in my life
To know that there is so much more
Than pain, darkness and lies
If I let you love me
Then maybe I could see
The truth behind the lies
Buried deep inside of me

No comments:

Post a Comment